How Much Does LASIK Cost?
Consulting with an eye care professional can provide you with added information on LASIK cost in Houston. A few basic factors can significantly affect the price you pay for Houston LASIK eye surgery procedures. Here are the facts you should know about LASIK surgery when planning your upcoming procedure.
Factors that Affect Cost
In general, Houston LASIK procedures range from $1,000 to $3,000 per eye; some complex procedures can cost significantly more. The factors that determine the overall cost of your surgery include the following:
- The skill and experience of your Houston eye surgeon can play a role in the amount you are asked to pay for your LASIK procedure. In general, surgeons who have built a positive reputation in their fields may charge somewhat more as a result of the high demand for their services in the medical marketplace.
- The amount of vision correction needed may also factor in to the overall cost of your surgery. If you have extremely poor eyesight, the procedures required to correct your vision to an acceptable level may be more complex and demanding, leading to increased costs in many cases.
- The equipment used to perform Houston laser eye surgery procedures can be quite expensive. Modern equipment, however, can generally produce much more accurate surgical results. Investing a little more for treatment from a surgeon who uses up-to-date equipment can pay off in improved vision and reduced risk for you.
Your Houston eye surgeon can provide you with added information about the projected costs of your procedure and about what to expect before, during, and after LASIK surgery.
Common Fears of Lasik Surgery
Feeling pain during the LASIK procedure
Even though you will be awake during the LASIK procedure, you won’t feel anything. We will provide you with a small amount of sedation along with eye numbing drops. You may feel some slight pressure, but you won’t feel any pain and the procedure only takes five minutes on average per eye.
Losing your eyesight
No need to worry, the FDA has never had any reported cases where a patient has lost their eyesight due to a LASIK procedure. On very rare occasions (less than 1 percent), some patients experience vision complications, however, these complications are often treatable post-surgery.
Use of a scalpel to cut the eye
We use an all laser LASIK procedure that does not require the use of a scalpel.
The Value of LASIK Surgery
LASIK procedures offer a number of benefits for patients, including the following:
- Clear vision all the time with no need for contact lenses or eyeglasses
- Improved physical appearance and comfort
- Financial freedom from regular eyeglass purchases and contact lens care products
- Improved ability to participate in athletic activities and sports competitions without worry about losing a contact or breaking your glasses
By opting for this advanced method of vision correction, you can enjoy all of these benefits for a relatively small investment in time and money.
At Mattioli Vision Professionals, we do our best to make your procedure affordable while delivering the best care in the Houston LASIK surgery marketplace. Our board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Fred Mattioli, has built his reputation on providing patients with the most practical and cost-effective options for permanent vision correction in the Houston area. If you are considering a LASIK procedure, give us a call at 713-776-3937 to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to the opportunity to help you see more clearly 24 hours a day, seven days a week.