Progressive lens implants are unique for how they are permanent lenses that are implanted and are ideal for people with significant vision issues. You can request our services at a consultation with board-certified ophthalmologist Dr. Fred Mattioli at Mattioli Vision Professionals in Houston, TX if you’re looking for a unique solution for your vision needs. We provide this exciting service for patients near the Woodlands, Sugar Land, River Oaks, West University, and many other places around the Houston area.
How do these implants work?
Progressive lens implants are lenses that work inside the eye. These lenses are ideal for people who may not be suitable candidates for laser eye surgery. The lens will use a specific prescription that works for your vision needs.
The implant works with your eye and improves your vision. It is ideal for those who have thick glasses or a high prescription. Plus, it is suitable if the cornea is too thin.
What makes progressive lens implants beneficial?
There are many great reasons why you should explore progressive lens implants from Mattioli Vision Professionals in Houston, TX:
- The process of receiving the implant doesn’t take long. The process is typically complete in about 30 minutes. The procedure is also virtually painless, as numbing drops will go over your eyes beforehand.
- You can get back to your regular life activities in a few days following the procedure.
- The biocompatible nature of the lens ensures it will not harm your eye tissue.
- Since the lens is on the inside of the eye, it does not have to be cleaned or otherwise maintained each day. The lens is protected well to keep the eye safe.
- The lens also corrects various vision issues. It is suitable for near and far vision alike. You also may not require corrective lenses to see following the procedure.
- The lens will secure a good fit on your eye, ensuring it will not slip or otherwise cause further vision issues.
What are the cons?
There are a few cons to explore when looking at how these lenses can work:
- These lenses may not always correct your night vision. The effectiveness of the lens will vary surrounding your vision needs.
- It can take about two months for your eyes to fully recover from the procedure. You may feel some unusual sensations in your eyes after the process, although those issues will disappear after a while.
- While both eyes can be treated during the same session, you may experience double vision for a bit after the procedure. The issue will become less prevalent after a while and you will no longer experience double vision.
Contact us today to learn about lens implants in Houston, TX
Progressive lens implants are exciting treatments to explore when looking for a way to correct your vision. Dr. Fred Mattioli and the team at Mattioli Vision Professionals in Houston, TX provide services for patients throughout the Houston area, including the Woodlands, Sugar Land, River Oaks, and West University. Contact us today to learn more about our vision services and how we can serve you.